Tuesday, September 4, 2012

➹ a trail of tickets

I don't know why I never got around to making my Korean travel scrapbook. I kept almost all of my tickets and boarding passes as souvenirs but I just can't find the time to piece them together into a decent memorabilia of sorts. Now, a lot of them have already faded after all this time so I figured I'll just write this blog post in an attempt to immortalize some of my most favorite travel experiences.

☁ Changdeokgung ☁
I still have my ticket from that day we got lost inside Changdeokgung! Our lack of a sense of direction and map reading skills ended in us being unable to find the Secret Garden. This is why I took a preference for the guided palace tours hehehe.


☁ Everland ☁
This ticket is far too PLAIN and NORMAL to reflect the vivid wonderland that is inside this park. I vow to someday return to Everland and ride the T Express ㅋㅋㅋ.


☁ Namsan Cable Car + Tower ☁
Oh so apparently, I haven't really blogged about my many misadventures going up Namsan Tower. One of them being the tortuously scorching summer day when we decided to hike up to the cable car station~


On another occasion, we got the package for the teddy bear museum and the observation deck admission.


☁ Airport Limousine Bus ☁
I recently wrote about how fond I am of the airport limousine buses from Incheon. The tickets look pretty generic and quite chaotic ... At least it had a lot more information that my frantic just-landed-in-Korea-brain can manage haha!


☁ KTX to Daejeon ☁
Ahh, the 1-hr ride to Daejeon always bring in nostalgia. The tickets have changed a lot in 2 years. I wonder how they would look now.


8 comments:

  1. Hi
    do u mind if i ask a few questions..
    is it very cold in seoul durg the month of november?
    is it difficult for one who has very little knowledge of korean language to travel in seoul?
    hope to hear from you..thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cherry berry! It is very cold during November. Temperatures can drop to near zero Celsius so it is good to have a coat. If you are visiting tourist areas then you will be fine knowing some basic Korean phrases. The subway has a lot of English signs and a lot of shops and restaurants will have English translations as well. Hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the help..^^
      How about when ordering food?
      was planning the itinerary to visit there in the month of November..
      However, it is the first time so lots of curiosity..

      Delete
    3. Thanks for your reply^^
      How about ordering food from food outlet?
      and is the subway route be confusing?
      Lots of curiosity as this is my first time visiting Korea in the month of November..

      Delete
    4. For food, I would suggest that you do a lot of research on specific restaurants to eat at. It is good to know what food you want to eat and how much it will cost so you can simply point at the menu items and avoid confusion ^^. Delivery is complicated. You can request your hotel concierge or reception to order some food for you if they have good English skills.

      The subway is very extensive so 1. study where you depart from and where you want to go and 2. pay attention to announcements during the ride and watch out for english signs when you go out. You can read some more about my subway experiences here: http://my-korea.blogspot.com/2012/08/seoul-subway-fangirl-essentials.html

      Hope this helps^^.

      Delete
    5. thx so much for ur help^^
      I came across your blog when searching for places in Korea..
      By the way, you are also a fan of super junior?

      Delete
    6. You're most welcome! I hope you enjoy your visit to Korea ^^. And yes, I'm an ELF~~ how about you?^^

      Delete
  2. ya..me too.. hope to visit their parent's cafe there too..haha^^

    ReplyDelete