Wednesday, July 8, 2009

➹ wanted: perfect accommodations part II

Back at square 1. I've searched the online forums and multitude of hotel reviews to find that bed and bath to suit my Seoul requirements and here's what I got so far.

Hotel Rainbow got me really curious because of 2 things:
1 minute distance from subway stop!
desktop pc hooked to the internet in some rooms!

So I prowled their site and so far everything looks good. Check out the details below:
[+] As promised, it looks really near a subway stop. 1 minute! That could translate to 5minutes for me but I'm still happy with that. There are actually 3 subway stops in the vicinity:
◎ Namyoung (Line1) : 1 min. away from gate 1 on foot. (my obvious choice)
◎ Sookmyung Women's Univ.(Line4) : 5 min. away from gate 7 on foot.
◎ Samgakji (Line4 or Line6) : 10 min. away from gate 10 on foot.

This is how the visitkoreamap drew the vicinity. I did the amateur purple line and circle haha.


[+] I got mixed reviews on the computer with internet access in the room. For sure, there are only select rooms with this feature (25 based on the site). Some claimed that their computers were not working, while some complained that the internet was the bonkers part. Not a super huge deal, but a working pc hooked to the net would really be supreme.

[+] It's within reasonable budget. On its homepage, a twin room goes for $70/night inclusive of all taxes. Other sites publish rates of just $48/night though I'm a bit queasy booking online via centralized sites ...

[+] The room pic is of course quite attractive. It looks quite spacious to me but the reviews at asiarooms claim otherwise. Space is not really a huge issue. Just give me some square area to be OC with my luggage and I'm happy.



[+] Spacious bathroom...

[-] But see through bathroom door!?!? WT?! I think they did mention that there was another door to the bathroom, but I'm not too sure. Based on this review picture, it doesn't look THAT bad but it's not the best of options either.

[-] No lockers. Hangers on the walls instead. Yeah, I'm starting to understand that the room is small.

[-] Building is old. Should be since it has been up at least since 1999.

[-] It's a 7-minute walk from the airport limousine stop. This definitely means that I'll need smaller luggage. The instructions from the site read:

Please get off bus 6001 at Sook-Myeong Women’s university station, Walk back towards Nam-yeong station. You will see ‘OUTBACK Steak House’ on the way, and Holly’s Cafe on the other side of the road. Please stand facing the coffee shop, go right and take a left turn at the first corner. You are now at the Rainbow Hotel.


Basics~
Address: 98-2, Galwol-dong, Yongsan-Gu, Seoul, Korea 140-807 Tel : (82-2)792-9993~6 Fax : (82-2)792-9997E-mail : rainbowhotel@naver.com


I'm not yet convinced ... But it's quite ok so far~

No comments:

Post a Comment