Saturday, July 16, 2011

➹ 오늘의 생생 한국어

Originally written on Jul 2, '09 08:50 PM (salvaged from dying other blog)

[!!!]
Learning Hangul is … omo … painfully challenging.

I felt a small sense of pride when I was able to briefly converse with a few locals on our last trip to Seoul. If for anything, I was reassured that my pronounciations were half decent since they were somehow able to understand my struggling babbles. But good gracious, I used up all the korean I know on those few exchanges mostly during bargaining or giving taxi directions! I have got so much ~ too much to learn.

It makes me sad to think that my vocabulary is still embarrassingly limited. There’s still so very little that I get from context clues though I still enjoy watching sj shows without subs. Haha, and I can only sing slow songs on Norebang since my internal processor can’t catch up with the fast song lyrics just yet! Aish…

Ah, but how I enjoy learning these Hangul songs. I’ve graduated from the romanized lyrics months ago (nyaha, proud feat). But I still need the English translations to belt out correct emotions for each song. And ooh, the rapping is so cool. One day, I’ll need to master some more rap verses~

The first rap verse I had down:
그댄 나의 전부
눈부시게 아름다운 나의 신부
신이 주신 선물
행복한가요
그대의 까만 눈에서
눈물이 흐르죠
까만 머리 파뿌리 될 때까지도
나의 사랑 나의 그대
사랑할 것을 나 맹세할게요

The second was:
언제나 어디서나
날 따라다니는
이 스포트라이트
어딜가다 쫓아오지
식당 길거리 카페 나이트
도대체 얼마나 나이 들어야
이놈의 인기는 식으려 들지 원
섹시한 내 눈을 고소영
아름다운 내 다린 좀 하지원
어쩌면 좋아
모두 나를 좋아하는것 같애 ~

I seriously need to figure out an effective way to learn this. I thought I’d get by with just aimlessly surfing the net and maybe fixing my cable channel steadily at Arirang! Ah, but apparently, I still have to try and lead a normal life (i.e. family, friends, work) and I can’t dedicate all my time to learning Hangul hehe. And so I’m stuck! I want to be composing blog entries in Hangul right now … but alas … OTL

No comments:

Post a Comment