Friday, May 11, 2012

➹ lovely flowers around seoul

It seems to me that Seoulites love their flowers. Major streets in Seoul are often decked with divine flower pots and floral landscapes. Last autumn, we saw these huge flower bowls in front of Seoul Plaza.







These cauliflower-like flowers were really interesting! It was our first time seeing them ^^.

A couple of years back, I also took some pictures of this flower shop in a subway station (forgot which one exactly). They were selling these lovely bouquets for really low prices! If I am reading that correctly, it should be saying "10 roses for 2,000KRW" (roughly $2).







I'm not sure if there are still mini flower baskets being sold in the streets these days. With May being the Family Month in Korea, there is always a reason to get a floral bouquet for a special occasion! We were there during Children's Day in 2009 and these cute flower baskets were just irresistible. I even contemplated buying one for our humble hostel room but there was always so many other things on my shopping list haha.

Ahh, I miss Everland and its spring flowers. I wish I can come back when the English garden is in full bloom …



No comments:

Post a Comment