Saturday, April 5, 2014

➹ currently loving: skinfood black pomegranate cream

OK, so I made sure to buy a new night cream last December. I didn't really have anything specific in mind so I just asked the Skinfood saleslady for recommendations. I wasn't aware that they were heavily promoting their Black Pomegranate line at that time so I had to listen to her try to sell me the cream in a mix of Korean and English ㅋㅋㅋ. Somehow, I understood enough that it was the newest and nicest line, supposedly very effective moisturizer, and boasting a wonderful subtle fragrance. Sold!




I have been using the black pomegranate cream ON and OFF in the last 2 months but I only recently searched for reviews on this product. So supposedly, this line is anti-aging! The key ingredient is this black pomegranate, which is some sort of "elite fruit" (totally my own words ... that was my impression on all the publicity around this). Its "voluming" effect is targeted to address wrinkle issues. After reading all that, I then remembered seeing some elaborate launch event for this in Kuala Lumpur last January!

★ AN I.T. GIRL'S VERDICT ★
::I don't really know if I can call myself that. But heck yeah, I don't know much about this stuff and I needed a kinda disclaimer of sorts. Anyway~~~::

So of course, not knowing anything about this product meant that I didn't really have any definite expectations. I needed a night cream which makes me feel luxuriously good. The Skinfood Black Pomegranate Cream does that so I am already a happy customer.

I watched some beauty show some time ago where the "experts" were emphasizing the importance of moisturizing during sleep. My major takeaway from that show was to make sure I do not skimp on my night creams! I have to be generous with it and thoroughly enjoy the hydrating effect. Just one thing with the black pomegranate cream is that on occasions when I applied just a tad bit too much, it feels kind of oily on my face. I mean, I wish that the cream is absorbed more if I applied more ... but it seems like there is just a "threshold" to the amount I can "appropriately" apply. But anyway, this is hardly anything to cry about for sure.

As for the anti-wrinkle effect ... I don't think the cream on its own is supposed to miraculously erase anything. I'm saying that there is no drastic improvement to my super fine lines (ahem hehehe). But I am not really paying any particular attention to those. Certainly the black pomegranate effect is best achieved with a whole array of products from this line.

I did notice from other reviews that the serum is tons more interesting than this cream. If I were to really target this anti-aging solution, best to pick out the serum first and then maybe toner, cream and whatnots.

For the purpose of a simple night cream, this product does its job. The lovely scent is also perfectly relaxing. If I don't find anything else interesting, I might buy this again when my current supply runs out. So we'll see. ^^



No comments:

Post a Comment