Saturday, December 10, 2011

➹ naughtycat collections



(warning: GIRLY-ness overload)
I LOVE accessories! I have a long delightful history with colorful earrings, cute pendants, and adorable hairpins. I used to have that mannequin-doll accessory stand where I displayed all my lovely treasure finds and marvel at how pretty and unique they are. But now that's gone since I had to be minimalist in my room space. I had to let go of my cute collections and be practical of my living area. I also had to rationalize which ones I could still actually wear that would fit my career and yeah, there were only a few qualified pieces. So at some point, I had to say goodbye to my girly fascinations and be content with just keeping a simple and appropriate set of earrings.

But all those struggles with my corporate image and my minimalist style came to an end on my summer 2010 visit to Seoul. I walked into NaughtyCat in Myeongdong and my reservations melted in an instant! No wonder girls of all ages flock to this store! Everything was so adorable that I can't help turning the displays and adding to my small basket. Though I knew my heart longed for all the cute and colorful pieces, I still had to hold back a bit ... and so my loot last year was all silver and just moderately cute:


Ah, I had to let go of my cat earrings after wearing them for a while ... I lost the bling on one of the cats (sigh). In any case, this only tells me that I had to come back and bring home a new set of cuties for 2011.


Here's a peek at my loot this year. I gave a few to my cousins and nieces hehe, so this is what's left for me. The cat and fishbone on top is also from this latest trip.


The feeling is the same this year as it was with last year ... while I was rummaging in the store, I was too overwhelmed with choices that I felt like I had to come out soon else I would overspend and regret it. But after getting home and looking fondly at my loot, I get that feeling that I didn't buy enough stuff! I'm pretty sure that if I came back to that store a few hours after my first stop, I would STILL have some(or a lot) of stuff to purchase!

So yeah, color won me over ... cuteness too ㅋㅋ. So much for corporate. I just have to keep telling myself that I should wear all my cute stuff now while I can still mildly pull them off. At the end of the day, what matters is I'm happy happy happy!!! ^^

Official Website: http://naughtycat.co.kr/

No comments:

Post a Comment