Wednesday, December 28, 2011

➹ tv watchlist: deep rooted tree 뿌리깊은나무

진심으로 대단이다.
정말이다.

I once again am unable to find the right words to explain my thoughts on this drama because I just like it soooo much! It's surprising though because I don't usually favor crime/suspense stories as I am naturally more drawn to light-hearted love-line plots. So indeed it felt strange when I found myself patiently and excitedly waiting for English subs on this drama every Monday for the past weeks. And now that it's over, I just keep on replaying my favorite scenes, being re-amazed at the dramatic revelations and of course re-crying my tears ㅋㅋㅋ ... Addicted, much?

I admit that my initial interest on the drama was all because of Song Joongki's role. One of my first favorite scenes was definitely this part in Episode 2 when young Lee Do commands Moo Hyul to slash his assassin even if that is his own Father.




So I thought that perhaps when Joongki's part ends, I wouldn't follow it as passionately as before. However, my interest just grew stronger because the plot got more and more exciting. I was already hooked and I just couldn't stop watching the story unfold.

Jang Hyuk's character definitely grew on me afterwards. I like that he can be this cunning and sarcastic assassin who regresses to a snotty little crying brat when faced with the world's injustice. I like the warriors' face-off's and find them beautiful ~ well perhaps because they chose warriors whose faces are to be reckoned with. In the end, I didn't want any of them to perish but yeah, well ...







I enjoyed getting played by the plot twists and revelations. I don't like guessing that's why. I want to fully enjoy the creativity of the writers so I just take it all in. I was hoping for a final twist with Gaepayi's and Yeondoo's loyalty but I suppose that will make the story too predictable. So instead we got an elaborate scheme to salvage the circulation mission. Haha, brilliant! I like this better than the secret passage to the palace piece.



So the ending was at best, bloody bittersweet. It must be awfully hard to wrap up an amazing story such as this. I applaud the writers for planting seeds of uncertainty and hinting on greater peril to come ~ instead of just letting things settle completely. History goes on, that's why.

I have to add that because of 뿌리깊은나무 I was specially psyched to revisit Gwanghwamun Plaza in Seoul! Even though the drama's plot is fictitious, it still inspires interest on Korea's elaborate history. And I was more than happy to share this enthusiasm by bringing my friend around King Sejong's Story underneath his majestic statue.







끝! ㅠ-ㅠ

No comments:

Post a Comment